Fat Free - Low Cholesterol
(Reunion Island famous recipe)
This is a very famous recipe from the Reunion Island also called "bourbon" in the past where vanilla is used in many meals. Chicken is well known as low fat meat as are all the other ingredients in this delicious recipe. Additionally, the vanilla beans will provide a very special and original taste and I hope you can give it a try.
It'll be worth it!
To prepare this delicious lunch or dinner use:
1. Remove the bones from the chicken and cut into small pieces
2. Braise the chicken until tender
3. Slice onions thinly
4. Grind garlic with salt and pepper
5. Add onions and cook for a few minutes
6. Add the grinded garlic and cook for a few minutes
7. Slit the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seed paste inside.
8. Add the vanilla bean and the vanilla seeds to the chicken
9. Add 2 glasses of water
10. Continue to cook until chicken sauce has reduced
Serve with rice